Summer is a great time to get out of the house and spend some time with friends and family whether on vacation or just in your backyard. Here are 5 great apps to further enhance the festivities!
1. iSpy Taking a trip? Keep boredom at bay with this app that’s a high-tech version of the old-school “I Spy” game. With a list of over 200 common roadside signs, animals and objects you are required to find, it will keep you busy for hours. Get it for every family member and compete to see who has the sharpest sight. iTunes App Store $2.99
2. WsFa 12 news Weather Summer storms can pop up in an instant, and some can be dan- gerous. Get up-to-the-minute forecasts and warnings with this weather app to stay aware and stay safe. www.wsfa.com free
3. Retail Me not Help your summer shopping dollars go farther with this app that lets you browse coupons for your favorite stores and sends you deal alerts for stores near you when you’re out and about. www.retailmenot.com free
4. isunBurn A bad burn can ruin a day at the beach or lake. And since sun damage increases your risk for skin cancer, it’s dangerous too. This clever app shows you the UV index for any location in the United States, helping you determine the proper amount of sunscreen and protective clothing you’ll need to prevent a burn. iTunes App Store. $.99
5. steak Grilling Timer Nothing’s better than a backyard cookout, but nothing’s worse than an overdone steak. Enter your cut of beef and its thickness, and this app will tell you how long to cook it on each side plus send you alerts when it is time to flip and time to take it off the heat. iTunes App Store. free