Admissions & Costs
- What are your admission requirements? Minimum ACT scores
- What is your enrollment?
- What scores for AP tests do you accept?
- What are your application deadlines?
- What is the total cost of attendance for 1 year (tuition, room & board, fees, books, misc.)
- Is there a required meal plan?
- How is financial aid eligibility determined?
- What percentage of financial need do you meet for families?
- Are there any merit scholarships available? Is a separate application required for these?
- What is the makeup of your student body? (male/female ratio, racial/ethnic makeup, geographic diversity)
- When must I choose a major?
- Are their specific application requirements for my major?
- Will I have a faculty advisor?
- Are there any special placement tests that entering freshman can/must take to place into or out of certain courses?
- Do you have an honors program? What are the requirements?
- Is housing guaranteed for all four years?
- Are freshman required to live on campus?
- How are roommates selected?
- Is your school a “suitcase” school?
- How many students are involved in Greek fraternities & sororities?
- What is there to do on the weekends?
- What is your campus safety like?
- What is the biggest complaint of students?
- What do students say is the best thing about your school?
- What is the political climate of campus?
- Do students get involved in intramural athletics? Clubs and student organizations?
- Do the students support the athletes?
- What type of academic support is available on campus? Is this available to everyone free of charge? (Tutoring, Writing Centers, etc.)
- If I am a varsity athlete, what is the balance between athletics and academics?
- What are the dining options? How late are the dining facilities open?
- Do many students hold jobs in addition to attending school?
- Are students permitted to have cars on campus?
- Is a car necessary to get around?
- Is there public transportation close to your school?
- Do you have study abroad options?
Job Opportunities – before & after graduation
- Do students have the opportunity to do research or obtain internships?
- What is your retention rate?
- What is your graduation rate?
- What percentage of students who graduate go directly on to graduate school?
How do you help graduates gain employment?